Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fairy Tales

Until now, I have never thought of the morals that are incorporated within fairy tales. I always enjoyed them when I was younger, but would never have thought what they may be teaching. I can't say that I ever read fairy tales as a kid, but I grew up on the Disney movies. My favorite Disney fairy tale would have to be Aladdin. When I was younger, I loved that Aladdin was able to do all of these amazing things like fly around on a magic carpet with his pet monkey while having his own personal genie. This story isn't one of the typical Disney stories you see. In most Disney fairy tales, the tales are solely based on girls or princesses. In Aladdin, however, the main character is a poor male who dreams of a better life. Aladdin comes across many daunting tasks as he tries to win over Princess Jasmine. The moral of this tale seems to be that no matter who you are, or what type of background you have, you can succeed if you believe in yourself. Although not everyone who dreams of succeeding will be granted three wishes by Robin Williams, or be able to fly on a magic carpet, this tale gives hope to those who dream of something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment